|Utility||To serve as the life force of every creature in the universe|
|Sectors||Etherine (Spirituality), Auremene (Mentality), Examene (Force), Vivemene (Blood flow / Harmonization), Affectimene (Emotion), Enduramene (Survival)|
|Creates||Ether, aka. soul power|
|Takes in||Ether and Mana|
|Variants||Anthodia Stone (Zealite), Void Shard / Valiant Crystal (Nachzehrer), Vile Gem (Apocalyte), Velune Shard (Phastista), Mana Core (Nature power that has gained sentience)|
Life Cores are spherical-shaped wisps of light that exist in every living creature across the universe, from Earth humans to Divixean creatures.
How the Life Core works (The body) Edit
The Life Core regulates the functions of the body in six different sectors -
- Etherine (where the soul is located, aka. spirituality)
- Auremene (where the mentality and personality of the person is recorded along with how much magic resistance they can handle)
- Examene (a measure of how much power the person's body can take), Vivemene (Blood flow and harmonization, like in regards to the body's balance, etc.)
- Affectimene (where emotions are processed)
- Enduramene (where the feelings of survival are processed and implemented, along with adrenaline - becomes incredibly weak as the will of a person is challenged)
All of these go hand-in-hand to help the body work as it does, and oftenly influence each other. As the soul passes on, the Life Core goes into dormancy. However, the body can be revived thanks through a pseudo-soul effect (thanks to the recorded factors) but the revived suffer amnesia, lack of certain emotions and so on due to not having the actual soul.
How the Life Core works (Magic and the Eight Elements) Edit
When it comes to "magic", as referred to the people of Divixus and so on, it is actually the output of ether (soul power) as formed by their Life Core. Ether is essentially the person's inner strength except physically exerted as control over the Eight Elements.
Divixus and its inhabitants, due to having so much influence by spiritual entities and having the control over the Eight Elements be a central aspect of its people, naturally have a stronger, brighter burning Life Core that allows them to be as strong as they are.
In contrast, Earth humans, due to not being conditioned with the use of the Eight Elements outside of tools, cannot not possibly be able to use magic to the same extent. However, if they are ever teleported to Divixus and trained in the art of ether manipulation, their Life Cores have a chance to be as strong as Divixeans.
Ether regenerates over time and automatically caps depending on how strong the person's Examene and Auremene are - overuse of a person's powers strains the body and mind, winding up in not thinking straight, losing control over your limbs (temporarily) or in extreme cases, death.
The amount of Ether a person's Life Core can contain depends on how far their aptitudes can go and what they are (for example, a Nachzehrer has, on average, higher aptitudes than a human. This allows them to be much more powerful and be able to burn more ether for strong attacks).
Mana is the power of the environment - lying in nature-made objects and phenomena such as wind, plants, water, lava, etc. Ether and Mana are two sides of the same coin as they can be interchanged - people can manipulate Mana to become Ether (at the risk of making the environment barren) and vice versa.
When Mana is concentrated in a specific point, sometimes it powers up creatures in the wild and gives them incredible powers. There is also the peculiar Mana Core, which is a very basic Life Core formed that breathes life into non-sentient objects such as stone and etc.
Death and the soul Edit
Upon dying, the soul part of the Life Core (that is, the actual person in an ethereal state) will leave the body while the rest of the Life Core goes dormant - it is here that the other sectors of the Life Core will usually permanently "shut off" and cannot be reactivated with any sort of healing magic (excluding a few), even if the soul tries to come back into the body. If the fatal wound is recent and the wounds are not too severe, death can be reversed.
When the soul drifts away from the body, it waits for the Reapers to come and "judge" it to decide if it can go to either Heaven or Hell. If a soul from an ascended plane is killed (such as an Angel or an Apocalyte demon), its essence is recycled as a new soul - usually leading into reincarnation. It is rare that the reincarnated soul retains the same memories or even appearance of the person it used to be.
However, souls can be erased altogether through various unorthodox means, such as a Life Core being absorbed into another person's body and so on. Said methods prove a potent threat to the reincarnation cycle because if a soul is destroyed, they can never exist again in any shape or form.
It is also important to add that the soul must have lived a considerable amount of time in life (well until adulthood) or else they will be forced to roam the mortal realm and be denied access into either higher existence, leading them to potentially become demons if they were especially regretful or malicious.
When it comes to children's souls or undecided souls, the more positive ones are sent to Purgatory (otherwise known as the Dream Realm) as a sort of waiting room for the afterlife.
When it comes to possession, a spirit cannot possess a recently dead body for very long, as they lose their grip on it and are forcefully expunged right afterward. If a weak soul attempts to possess corpses like those in a mausoleum, they unwillingly sacrifice their emotions and proper thinking to power up the neccessary functions to move the body but wind up as undead as a result.
Revival spells are usually seen as taboo on long dead corpses due to the volatile nature of life and death.
However, it can be circumvented through certain spells that can returns life into a body. However, they are usually very dangerous and require a mediator to properly work. If the spells fails, the least that can happen is that the revived lacks a soul - at the very worst, a rift opens that brings in unsavory creatures from another dimension.
There are also the notorious Lanterns of Life, hidden deep within Hell's bowels. These mystic lanterns have the ability to call the soul back into a dead body and heal all wounds through a blue flame - but are often one use thanks to much of the power being depleted. They also risk ripping open a hole in the dimensions that brings forth demons from the depths of Hell.
When powered up by a person, the flame often glows a different color to signify the number of uses, up to purple (four times).
Nachzehrer black blood also has an effect on dead bodies, and bring people back to life as pseudo-soul zombies - at best. At worst, they are no better than shambling corpses.
Life Cores come with various innate powers and skills. At their most basic level, these abilities are present in every living being and can be boosted the more power is absorbed (from contact, fallen foes, etc.) or through formal training.
If cultivated carefully, the user can create a more powerful offshoot of an ability they mastered or create unique moves.
- Progress - The act of absorbing the strength from a fallen enemy. It also applies to power gained from contact or by training. It is usually in small fractions, with the exception of Iduun's unique Leben Esser (Ger. Life Eater) which allows her to take in a greater percentage of a fallen enemy's powers.
- Presence - A "sixth sense" ability, which allows the user to sense spiritual creatures. Earth humans and weaker Divixeans are rarely in tune with this, so many ghosts, demons or angels are invisible to them. Special uses include the Nachzehrer's Vorsprung, which lets the user gauge the enemy's power level.
- Enhanced Strength / Spirit - As people get more powerful, their physical/magical strength increases to above average or to outright superhuman levels. Unique varieties include Fortis, Macht, and so on.
- Endas - A special ability that allows the user reduce damage with invisible threads of Ether instinctually covering ther bodies or through other methods, giving them incredible endurance. Unique varieties include Rustung, Paries, etc.
- Enhanced Speed - Increased speed comes about as people become stronger, but it can be taken to the next degree with quick movement techniques such as Blitz, Vanesco, Warp, etc.